Monday, January 12, 2009

"Joe the Plummer" Proves Himself to Be A Total Friggin' Idiot

From here : http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/11/joe-plumber-media/ :

"I’ll be honest with you. I don’t think journalists should be anywhere allowed war. I mean, you guys report where our troops are at. You report what’s happening day to day. You make a big deal out of it. I think it’s asinine. You know, I liked back in World War I and World War II when you’d go to the theater and you’d see your troops on, you know, the screen and everyone would be real excited and happy for’em. Now everyone’s got an opinion and wants to downer–and down soldiers. You know, American soldiers or Israeli soldiers.

I think media should be abolished from, uh, you know, reporting. You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, “Well look at this atrocity,” well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it."


Right, I mean, let's just get behind any war, any military action whatsoever, and never ask any questions, because whatever the military or our leaders decide, must be ok.

And heaven forbid that we should question atrocities. We should just shut up and do what we're supposed to do. And our job is to say, "Rah, rah, rah, go troops!" no matter what the troops are doing, no matter who the troops are killing, and how dare we question anything at all? We should be showing up to the movie theatres and get "real excited and happy" for our brave troops.

Does anyone buy this militaristic, patriotic bullshit?

I don't buy the whole "support our troops" bullshit. I support troops involved in an idiotic war by protesting the war, end of story. I don't want brave heroes' lives sacrificed for bullshit, greed, idiotic imperial geopolitical goals, and other cynical nonsense.

We shouldn't have journalists in war-zones? How are people in a democracy to make informed decisions about whether there should be war in the first place? Oh wait, I forgot -- while the Constitution states that the people's representatives have to be the ones to declare war, there hasn't been a constitutionally-declared war since WWII.

Oh yah, wasn't that the war where we were just supposed to show up to our local movie theatre and engage in a little militarist orgy, a kind of 6-minute hate where we rah-rah whoever appears on our screen in a military uniform?

Can you say "1984"?

Can someone educate this idiot in the need for enlightenment aand wisdom? Those who support war unconditionally are, I'm afraid, on the side of the jotnar. They are part of the problem, part of the forces that tear this world down and make it a horrible place.

I don't support the jotnar.

I don't support people who support the jotnar.

We need good, critical journalists out there bringing us the facts. Your little war-propaganda be damned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home